Friday, July 17, 2009

Busy day in the LTRLT household

I know I'm supposed to be enjoying my new little man, but I'm taking advantage of nap time (When is it NOT nap time with a newborn? When they're on the boob.. Yep. There's lots of nap time.).

I need to share what we discovered yesterday.


That, my friends, is our very first egg courtesy of our red hen, Tallulah.

We still haven't seen anything this morning, but an egg is a start!

I also wanted to share that we were able to process 30 quarts of strawberries before Little Man arrived. We made 6 batches of jam (which equals 18 pints), 2 pies, consumed 2 quarts fresh and chopped up 20 quarts to freeze for cereal, smoothies and the like over the course of the year.

I hope everyone is enjoying the recent lack of constant rain in these parts. I know we are!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Congratulations on your son! I know you feel so much lighter, able to bend down and get up so much easier! Congrats on the first egg. It's exciting to get that first one. Yes, I would love for the rain to hold out so we can get our hay up. I'm tired of rain. Totally tired! Next we will be complaining because there isn't enought rain. LOL
Kelly

Related Posts with Thumbnails