They sound scary, don’t they?
- First - mix the following:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Second - in a saucepan, stir together:
- 2lbs of brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Note – this sauce can be substituted with maple syrup
- Bring to a boil:
- Third – using your trusty cereal spoon, drop dough into sauce.
- Cook about 4 minutes on each side.
Dust with a little powdered sugar if you wish. Really, what’s a dusting of extra sugar at this point.
Breakfast is served!
Just a note: The beignets weren’t crispy, as they should have been. I would fry in oil and then give them a dunk in the sauce if you want traditional crispy beignets.