Friday, November 25, 2011

30 Days of Christmas – Day 1

The Christmas projects are going full bore in our house.

I’ve hauled out all of the totes of decorations and put most of out.  We still need a tree but with T working this weekend, I must be patient for another week.

In the meantime, I have all sorts of Pinspiration to keep me busy.

My grandmother has been cleaning out her attic and gave me a stack of vintage Christmas light packages – never been opened.  I don’t dare use them as is because I really don’t know if the wiring is safe.

I thought this was pretty cute, but I already have a wreath in mind for the front door – so not for me.

153896512236064890_eZu3T2WI_c[1]

[SOURCE]

This is more along the lines of what I was thinking, but I don’t use a lot of candles in my decor because of the kids (A- dangerous B- Monkey likes to scrape them with her fingernails and make a mess)

221380137902568252_fX2Gc8uR_c[1]

[SOURCE]

Ah.  Here we go.

226376318739138103_t1auswTl_c[1]

[SOURCE]

I gathered my supplies:

Vintage Christmas Supplies

I used the toilet paper roll in the center to act as a filler.  The gallon jar I first grabbed just was not working for me so I exchanged it for an old quart sized canning jar.

Voila.

Vintage Christmas Lights

I also found some pine cones.

Pine Cones Vintage Christmas Lights

Total cost: $0.  I had everything on hand and got two cute little displays out of it.

I still have another two packages of lights. 

I have another idea brewing for them…  maybe I’ll get to it tomorrow.

Who’s in the spirit of the season?  I sure am!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails