Thursday, August 13, 2009

Recipes of the week:

Whew! I think I've managed to catch up! Well, with sharing recipes, anyways. I'll get back into the swing of things sooner or later.

For starters, I have a sweet treat to share. Blueberry Upside-Down Cake is another recipe I found in Fresh Magazine. We have a ton of berries right now, so I gave it a shot. I didn't have the Inspirations Wild Maine Blueberry Fruit Syrup the recipe calls for, so I improvised and used jam I had JUST made (as in, it still hadn't set up even). I also didn't have a lemon on hand, though I do keep a jug of lemon juice in the fridge. So in place of the lemon zest, I used orange peel (the dried stuff you buy in a jar - not from an old orange I had lying around!). It is OH so good.


For dinner on Monday, I made Chicken and Zucchini Kabobs, also from Fresh Magazine. I had some summer squash on hand, so I used some of those as well as zucchini. This is also another keeper, though I'll be tweaking it. Next time, I won't be cutting the chicken up. Kabobs are a big job when I know it would be much easier leaving the meat whole. I'll marinate the veggies the same as the recipe calls but add lemon juice and grill them in bigger pieces as well.


Tomorrow night, I'm planning on trying Ravioli with Balsamic Brown Butter. I've been watching a lot of Food Network lately (I don't have any books to read so I watch TV while I breastfeed Little Man) and saw Giada De Laurentiis making this last week. I immediately began to drool. It looks extremely easy. And, because I'm trying to keep things simple with meals for now, I'm giving it a whirl.

I also have another Sweet Treat we'll be trying out either later today or tomorrow (as soon as the cake is gone). Check back later for details.

Enjoy your kitchens!
First 2 images are from Fresh Magazine.
Third image is from Foodnetwork.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails