Thursday, August 13, 2009

A review of my latest new recipes

Wow. It's been quite a while since I've had a chance to update. T went back to work yesterday, but for his last 2 weeks at home, we spent our time on the road. We spent a day in Bar Harbor, a day at Peaks-Kenney State Part (great lake there), a day at Fort Knox State Park (and went up the Penobscot Narrows Bridge Observatory), a day at the fair, random trips into town for running errands and days hanging out at home in the sprinkler. I'm working on getting into a new routine with the kids now that we're on our own. So far, so good.

SO - the last recipes I posted about were from 2 weeks ago.

A review:
Mexican Chicken Lasagna was good. Monkey wasn't crazy about it (which surprised me), but T loved it. I liked it, but need to tweak it. The onions were a little crunchy and I do NOT like crunchy onions (I can be picky sometimes!). So I'll just saute them up a little to soften them up beforehand next time and I'll love it as much as T did.

Pork Chops Marsala was so very good. We all loved it and it is very much a keeper.

Baked Macaroni and Cheese a la Alton Brown was ok. T enjoyed it, as did Monkey. Myself? I'm very "MEH" with homemade mac and cheese. I'm keeping the recipe, but I will continue to search for a homemade mac and cheese recipe that I enjoy as much as everyone else.

That's it for these. Now I'm off to find the recipes we tried last week so I can share those. My memory fails me, unfortunately. We'll just have to call it Mommy Brain.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails