While we've been doing some random winter preparations around the house over the past weekend, I did a lot of thinking about what I want to accomplish this coming winter. This year, I've broken it down into five categories.
- Lose 10 pounds. At 10 weeks post-partum, I've lost the entire 28 lbs I gained during pregnancy and found myself 155 (yes, I just told you how much I weigh. It will keep me honest. ha). Technically speaking, I lost all of the weight in about 3 weeks. As of yesterday, I've already lost 2 of the 10 lbs I want to lose. My ultimate goal is to get down to 135, which will bring me to a healthy BMI for my height. But I've found breaking it down into 5 or 10 pound chunks makes it much easier to attain - and maintain (I've already lost 30 pounds from my heaviest, non-pregnant weight, so even if I stay right here, I'm already much better off than I was.).
- Start using my etsy site. I did all of the paperwork last fall and even have supplies for a couple handfuls of projects. Now I need to actually list items. No more talking about it. No more dilly dallying. Just freaking do it already!
- Get myself on a schedule. I've been getting overwhelmed with housework and bill paying. I can handle taking care of these tasks, I just don't have an efficient system in place. Need a system!
- My blog. I am aiming for 3-4 posts a week.
- Institute a bi-weekly family outing. It can be as simple as spending 2 hours in the back yard playing with the chickens (NO WORKING) or going out for a hike. We had been doing this before Little Man was born, but we haven't done it in some time (other than all of the little day trips we had right before T went back to work). Our family is our top priority. We need to act the part now.
- Weekly craft projects. I want to set aside 1 afternoon a week for random craft projects with Monkey (and Little Man when he's old enough to participate). We will start this week by making our own clay - and then making a nice big mess with it!
- I will make cheese this winter.
- I will make bagels from scratch this winter.
- I will learn to make soap with the 20 pounds of pig fat we received with our pork.
- I will continue my kitchen experimentation. I considered a new recipe a day for a year, but I think that's a little much. We do enjoy take out every now and again. Or just a plain ol' pizza. Then I'd feel like a failure. So I'll just continue on with the new recipes as I have been doing since the beginning of the year.
- Paint frame of full length mirror
- Paint frame of hanging mirror
- Stain wine crates
- Make hanging quilt for Little Man (like the one I made Monkey)
5) Turning house into home
- Our bedroom has not been finished. The walls are still empty, we still have no curtains, we need a bed skirt, you get the point. Finish.
- Our bathroom has not been finished. The walls are still empty, we still have no curtains, random trim has not been put back, you get the point. Finish.
- Hang Monkey's curtains. Hello. It's been since January. Just do it.
- Little Man's bedroom isn't finished. Deck it out for a little boy. Need a bookshelf (hopefully I can talk my Dad into building one like he did for Monkey).
- Complete the stairwell. T will be putting up drywall. I want to finish this.
I like having something to work towards. And I love having a list to scribble on. It feels so fantastic to cross something off!
Have a great day!