Saturday, September 12, 2009

Sew Fun Sunday

Ok - so it's really Saturday, but I want to try to bring this feature back. And at the moment, I do what I can, when I can. If that means posting on a Saturday, that's what I'll do.

You may remember my GFT is getting married (in less than a week! Freaking out yet?). Monkey is their flower girl and we decided I would make her dress. No, it's not quite finished yet (it needs a zipper, which I'll be putting in after the kids go to bed tonight). I hadn't worked with a pattern in many many years, so I was a bit intimidated. I bought a sun dress pattern to practice with (you may remember the fiasco here).


I ended up getting a different pattern because they didn't have the original in the smaller sizes (they still don't - I happened to be by there yesterday and looked for the heck of it).

I did finally get the sun dress made. It didn't take me as long as I expected it to after the pattern was cut out.

Adorable, isn't it (it looks tiny in this picture, but it's a 2T. haha)?


Now the only problem is getting Monkey to wear it. She loves wearing dresses, yet for some reason, she freaks out when we pull this dress out. I tried putting it on her yesterday to model it for this picture and you would have thought I was beating the child.

I've put the dress back in the closet for now. If all else fails, I can try to make her use it as a shirt next summer, I suppose.

What are you working on?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails