Saturday, October 24, 2009

Recipe of the week

I tried something different last week. I cooked 100% with items I had on hand. I went to the grocery store once - to buy a gallon of milk and stock up on chicken breast at $0.99/lb. I was able to empty out my freezer a little and saved money while doing so.

I even managed to try a new recipe.

I've recently started receiving the magazine Bon Appetit. On the cover of the September issue was a chicken that made my mouth water. At first glance through the magazine, I thought it may be a little rich for my blood. Alas, I was mistaken. I've found some really tasty looking dishes.


I tried the Chicken al Mattone right away. It's the cover photo and looks like it would be a complicated dish, right? I was blown away by how easy it was to prepare. It received all raves. It's something I would definitely make for guests.
Enjoy your kitchens!
Image from Bon Appetit.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails