Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Recipes of the week

Here we are.. yet another week of good food.



If you haven't noticed, I've been on a bit of a soup kick lately. I have another soup this week. Creamy Chicken-and-Rice Soup is from Everyday. It required minimal effort to make and was, once again, really good.



I was directed to this Macaroni and Cheese with Pancetta by a friend. I've mentioned before I'm not a huge fan of homemade mac & cheese. Well, my friends... that has changed. I really enjoyed this one. T did as well, though it was a little too spicy for Monkey. I will gladly tone down the spice next time I make it. Yes. There will be a next time.


This last recipe we got quite some time ago from Cooking Wild. I will tell you, I honestly don't remember if it's a magazine or a section of some hunting newspapers T gets in the mail and I can't find anything online. It was quick and easy to throw together, though needs to bake for 2 1/2 to 3 hours so plan ahead. We put it on egg noodles and there wasn't much leftover afterwards.


Beef and Mushroom Casserole

1 lb stew meat, chunked
1 medium onion, chopped
1 small can mushrooms (I sliced up some fresh)
1/4 cup flour
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 can of milk
salt and pepper to taste

Coat the chunks of meat in a mixture of flour, salt and pepper, then brown in small amount of oil. Turn off heat. Mix the onion, mushrooms and flour with the meat. Turn into casserole dish and mix the rest of the ingredients. Adjust the flour so it is not too soupy. Cover and bake @ 350 for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.

Serve over mashed potatoes, noodles or rice.


That's all I have for this week.

Enjoy your kitchens!


First image from Everyday.
Second image from BonApetit.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails