We gathered our supplies for Salt Dough Ornaments.
Sunday, November 29, 2009
We gathered our supplies for Salt Dough Ornaments.
Saturday, November 28, 2009
T saw Giada De Laurentiis making this on Foodnetwork one day a few weeks ago. I decided to give it a try instead of roasting the way I always do (stuffed with carrots, onions and celery and rubbed with a few herbs). I am so glad I tried Turkey with Herbes de Provence and Citrus.
The turkey was delicious, but our favorite part was the gravy. It was the absolute best gravy either of us has ever had. I'm drooling now even thinking about the leftover gravy currently residing in my refrigerator.
Being a family of four with only three of us actually eating off the turkey, we've got quite a bit leftover. I dug out some turkey recipes to try in the coming days, so watch for those!
Enjoy your kitchens and your families!
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Monday, November 16, 2009
- I've made it down to 150. Halloween candy was almost my downfall. But I'm half way there!
- I've lost all my images to my old computer. I haven't heard from the shop about it yet so I'm just working on some small projects and holding off a little longer on Etsy.
- I bought a small blotter to track bill due dates on. I've been updating my checkbook register once a week to track my balance. My house doesn't look like a tornado has just come through. I can live with that for now.
- My blog obviously suffered from the computer crash. The new computer is now completely set up and running (minus Quickbooks which I need to upgrade. Poo!). You should be seeing me regularly again.
- We took Monkey to a hockey game at UMO last weekend (Little Man stayed with my GFT because it would have been too much with both kids). We've also been out to eat a couple of times. We need to find some family activities.
- Children's Creative Corner only has one update since the crash fiasco. All of my links and ideas were on the old machine so I have to do some digging. We may not have been crafty, but we have been doing all sorts of food crafts (ie, cooking).
- Still only the recipes of the week going on in the kitchen.
- Hanging mirror has been painted
- I have 2 of 5 wine crates stained
- I need 6 more pockets for Little Man's quilt. I found some rustic looking quilter's squares I've had for years. I'm pretty sure I'm going to use them for the front.
- Bedroom: My dresser area has been prettified. T's dresser has been simplified. I painted his nightstand this week (with his blessing, of course). It needs baskets to organize his junk... er... stuff. I need fabric for a bed skirt. I need curtains. I currently have plant clippings rooting to add at least 1 plant to our room (I believe I'll be putting it on top of my dresser where I currently have a candle). I have a painting to hang and 2 wall sconces to paint and hang. I'm making progress.
- Bathroom: T picked up a piece of trim for me on his last trip to Home Depot. I put up a curtain hanger (it's not a rod - it's an idea I came up with and will show you as soon as I figure out curtains). I also need a new shower curtain because T got paint on my nice white one. I put in an "order" with my dad to build a shelf unit for above the toilet. Slow progress but progress nonetheless.
- Monkey's curtains have been put up.
- I've also put in an "order" for a bookshelf with my dad for Little Man's room. Otherwise, I haven't done anything in there yet.
- The wine crates are for the stairwell. Unfortunately, I'll be waiting on T and the drywall before I can finish.
How are your lists coming?
Edited for an update: I heard from the computer shop after I typed this out. The old laptop is fried but they were able to pull all of my data off of it. Phew!
Sunday, November 15, 2009
These are all from Everyday, as are the images.
Enjoy your kitchens!
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Saturday, November 7, 2009
I lost my wallet on Halloween. Luckily, I had my debit card in my back pocket for some unknown reason so only lost a credit card and my drivers license. Let me tell you, I searched for that bad boy. I called every friend we went to with the kids for Trick or Treats, I drove back to the office to check there, I called every store I had gone to on Friday (I couldn't remember for sure if I'd seen it on Saturday!) and I went to check the streets we'd parked on for Trick or Treats, getting on my hands and knees to dig through leaves and even a mud puddle.
After all of this, I notified my credit card company who canceled my card and has put a new one in the mail and pulled out my passport to go get a new license on Monday.
During a cleaning spree on Wednesday, I discovered my Dear Little Monkey had decided to play Madame with my wallet and breast pump. My wallet had been zipped in a secret compartment in the pump carrier the entire time. Alrighty then! Please enjoy a chuckle at my expense.
After much research, we've purchased a new laptop. The old one is in the shop where they can hopefully pull off all of my old files (cross your fingers because I had nothing backed up). I haven't finished getting the new one completely set up yet. I have an anti-virus program on it, but that is pretty much it. I need to create recovery disks and have programs to upload still to get me back to my preferred productivity level.
I also need to add that I've come to realize the clarity and coloring on my old machine was horrible! I thought my blog colors didn't necessarily match but at least went together. I see now that they don't really. I'll need to work on fixing this.
In the meantime, I'll try to share a few things but we've been slacking around the house.
I hope you all had a wonderful week.