Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Recipes of the week

I've fallen behind on sharing new recipes. I'm going to keep this as short and sweet as possible so I can include a bunch (all?) today.

(All images are from the website I've found the recipes on)

I found Creamy Shrimp with Corn and Bacon in Real Simple. T made it a while back. We used canned corn instead of frozen because we had it on hand. It was easy to make and really good.

The next three are from Bon Appetit:


Steak-and-Mushroom Reubens were fairly easy to make, but they also made a huge mess. They were good, but there were so many dishes involved I don't think it's something I'll make often. I hate extra dishes.


Panko-Crusted Chicken with Mustard Maple Pan Sauce was easy to make and it was mighty tasty. It is most definitely a keeper.


Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken Breasts was a very bad for us treat. It looks fancy and complicated, but it isn't (they have a how-to here). I used smoked mozzarella to stuff it because it's what I had on hand. This is a keeper.


In my quest for healthy food, I found this Broccoli Florets with Almonds recipe in Fresh Magazine. Monkey loved the little trees. It was ridiculously easy to put together, too.

The rest I have for today are from Everyday:

Lasagna Burgers were a great big greasy mess, but very good. It was the first time I'd bought and used ciabatta rolls. I won't be doing that again. There are just too many in a package for the three of us to use before they get hard (the chickens had a treat). Along with the greasy aspect of the burger itself, it also required lots of dishes. I'm hanging on to it, but it won't be made often.
Smoked Mozzarella and Chicken Sandwiches with Italian Barbecue Sauce was another messy meal. Aside from the sauce, I enjoyed it. This is an easy remedy - just skip making the sauce and use your favorite sauce from a bottle. While T liked the sauce, he's not opposed to using the stuff in a bottle.


Another veggie side dish is Brown-Buttered Sugar Snap Peas with Pecans. Even my Mr. Non-Pea Eater (that would be T - Little Man only recently started cereal) enjoyed it. I enjoy having different side dishes other than plain old green beans from the freezer.

And finally, I tried making my own chicken stock. I used Easy Turkey Stock as my guide but used chicken pieces I had been holding on to in a freezer bag in the freezer. It was very easy, as the name suggests, but I can't help but think there has to be a quicker way. Rest assured, I will be looking into it when I have more chicken parts because I had used all three quarts within a week.

Enjoy your kitchens!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails