After a failed attempt at sewing (I woke up Monkey from her nap with the noisy sewing machine), I'm quietly surfing the net. The weather isn't cooperating for outdoor projects. And truth be told, I need a day off in the kitchen (though I do have enough tomatoes inside for yet another batch of tomato sauce!).
I have the antennae for Monkey's Halloween costume completed. I also have the basis for the bee body started. I decided that as much as I like to think I need my Mom's help, I really don't. I've been using a sewing machine and free-handing projects since I was a kid, so there's no reason why I can't handle such a simple project (and have it be cuter than this)! She taught me well and at my age, I don't need her to hold my hand anymore. I also have the supplies together to make her wings. I had completely forgotten about wings!
I decided to share a picture from last Halloween. At the time, we didn't realize how appropriate the monkey costume was (she's a climber, I tell you!). Please know that I won't be posting any pictures where you can see Monkey's face well because I want to protect her identity (which is why I call her Monkey here in the first place).
I now am looking online to figure out what I'm going to use for my costume this year. I really just need to put together a bee keeper hat (I'm thinking of just using a mosquito netting hat) and make a bunch of little bumble bees to attach to my hat.
Too bad T is being a spoiled sport this year. I was going to dress him as a honey pot.