Thursday, May 7, 2009

Oh, baby baby!

We took another side view picture last week, just to show my new girth. This is at 30 weeks pregnant. I guess I should mention that I was barefoot, in my front yard WITH a baby on my hip! 'Cause I'm a redneck woman... Ok. Sorry. The song gets stuck in my head when I see this picture.



This week, I went for another ultra sound. While pregnant for Monkey, I didn't have one after the "big" one at 20 weeks. Then, with about a month to go, I found out she was breech and was devastated because I'd need a c-section. (The surgery scared the hell out of me - I'll admit it).

So when my OB suggested an ultra sound to verify all was well, I agreed.

All IS well. New Bean is at an estimated weight of over 3 pounds. And, most importantly, he is HEAD DOWN! Barring any unforeseen complications, I should be a go for an attempted VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean). This makes me extremely happy. The thought of having to have surgery again freaks me out - terribly. Not to mention wondering how I'd manage a 3 week recovery (that's how long I was off my feet for Monkey) with a newborn AND toddler? I don't want to think about it.

Without further ado - New Bean!

Unfortunately, we couldn't get a clear enough shot to count the little toes (the arrow is pointing to the bottom of the heels, for those of you who can't make out ultra sound pictures):

But look at that adorable face! All puckered up and ready for kisses:


We're now at 9 weeks and counting. YAY!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

YAY!!!
You look wonderful and what a cutie!
::smooches to Mommy, Monkey and New Bean!::

Kelly said...

He is a beauty. I love the new sono pics. It is amazing how clear everything is. He has a face you can see, not just a black skeletal face like in the old days. I'm from the old days. LOL
Kelly

maine momma of 3 (formally: stayathomemommy from maine) said...

the new bean is beautiful!! Yay to a healthy downward facing cooperative baby!!!

LOL on the redneck woman... I love that song!! But darling, no car on blocks, your dressed, and the christmas lights are down, you ain't no red neck ;)

Memere Dedean said...

Hey ! you look good as always and baby ??? I think you better prepair yourself cause he looks pretty rugged now I say HE cause I really think he's a HE and he looks pretty cute if i have to say so myself.... Love Memere Dedean Lots of love & Kisses Xoxooo's

Lisa said...

Awww...that just makes my ovaries ache. Course we shut down the factory after NUMBER FOUR-so that ain't happening!

Have a lovely mother's day and bless that little kissy baby mouth!

Smiles,
Lisa

Gram said...

Awe... Gram loves him already... even if he turns out to be a she! Kisses to both Monkey & New Bean.

Related Posts with Thumbnails