Friday, May 8, 2009

Review of this week's recipes:

Yet another week of new tastings has past.



The Spinach and Ricotta with Shells went very well with burgers on the grill. It was also a cinch to make. Alas, it's best fresh - and it makes a lot (and by a lot, I mean way too many leftovers). I'll be cutting it in half next time. Yes, there will be a next time.


The Marsala Chicken-and-Mushroom Casserole was so unbelievably good (T went for seconds so I know he loved it, too). I don't think I'll make chicken Marsala the right way very often from here on. Not only was the casserole much easier to make, but there was also much less of a mess!

Last but not least, the Spaghetti with Quick Meat Sauce was extremely easy to make. It smelled really good, too. However, last minute dinner plans changed when my parents arrived in town (for only the night) early enough for us to join them out for dinner, so we haven't tried the sauce yet. I tossed the whole thing into the refrigerator and we'll try it reheated at some point this weekend.

I have renewed energy in the kitchen. Maybe it was the fails last week that had me so discouraged, but I did enjoy being in the kitchen this week. I guess we all have our slumps, right?

Enjoy!

First two images are from Every Day with Rachael Ray. Third image is from Real Simple Magazine.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails