Monday, May 18, 2009

Recipes of the week:

After a fun filled weekend, it's back to the grind today.




I've got two new recipes again this week. This first one is from Rachael Ray - 30 Minute Meals this time, though. Spicy Garlic Shrimp is supposed to take less than 10 minutes to prepare, according to the website. I have a feeling I might regret it (Heartburn, anyone? I did just buy a gallon of Maalox, though... haha), but it sounds yummy and shrimp was on sale this week.

I'll be pairing it with asparagus (also on sale this week) and homemade Onion Rings (vidalia onions are on sale, too!). They are baked, so much better for you than the traditional fried rings. A larger family may want to double (or triple) this recipe as it only calls for one onion. I can't imagine that making much.

I mention all these sale items. Check out your grocery flyers this week. There are usually great sales for Memorials Day weekend.

Enjoy your kitchens!

Image from Foodnetwork.com

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails