Friday, April 29, 2011

How I Spent My Day

 

Remember this?

IMG_5296

Gross old thing, huh?

Three hours of sanding later:

IMG_5428

Then it received a good scrub with bleach (it’s still drying here, hence the darker cracks – it’s clean, I swear):

IMG_5431

It needs a bit more sanding with a finer grit sandpaper.  And I’ll probably scrub top and bottom with bleach again before I let my dad take it away to add the legs and a shelf. 

I really expected it to take much longer for me to refinish the top. 

The top will need more love once it’s here and in place (wax and oil) but that will probably be the easiest part of the entire process.

LOVE!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

It is really looking good. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Kelli said...

I can't wait to see how it turns out. You're making it into a table? What will the table be for?

Jodi said...

It's going to be a table/counter space. Originally, it was supposed to go next to my stove as an extra workspace because I currently have 0 next to it. BUT, we'd have to cut it down which would potentially ruin the integrity of the existing piece - not to mention the sentimental value of it. So it's going elsewhere in the kitchen now. (Back to the drawing board for stove workspace. lol)

Related Posts with Thumbnails