Thursday, February 4, 2010

Recipes of the week

I have a couple of failures to share with you this week. Both are from Fresh Magazine.




We tried Beer-Braised Chicken and Dumplings the other day. I enjoyed it but T did not. It's not being saved.




We also tried Cashew Chicken with Red Bell Peppers and Broccoli. This time T enjoyed it and while I didn't mind it, it's not the best stir fry I've ever made. I'm not saving this one, either.


The last recipe I have to share is a concoction I came up with for yet more variation to our veggie sides. I sauteed a chopped shallot in a splash of olive oil. I then added green beans and a splash of chicken broth and cooked it until it was warmed through. I added a handful of toasted pecan pieces to the finished product. It was really tasty. I will say my green beans were a little soggy - but I would expect that since I was using some of my frozen garden stash. With fresh beans, I'd cook them to crisp tender. I also had a thought yesterday that adding a small handful of chopped prosciutto before serving would be another good variation to this. YUMMY!
Enjoy your kitchens!

2 comments:

Nate @ House of Annie said...

Since you are using homegrown beans, would you like to enter this post in our Grow Your Own roundup this month? Full Details at

http://chezannies.blogspot.com/2010/02/announcing-grow-your-own-39.html

Jodi said...

I will!

I just made it again last night so I'll make it again next week and get some pictures of it before submitting. :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails