Tuesday, December 20, 2011

30 Days of Christmas – Day 17

(My laptop charger AND battery died simultaneously forcing me to play catch up for much of this series.)

I introduced you to Alphie, our Elf on a Shelf, last year.  He was residing in our Charlie Brown Christmas tree that particular day.

Alphie in a tree

There are lots of families out there who’s elves get into all sorts of Elf Shenanigans.  Many even blog their Elf Shenanigans.

I’ve seen marshmallow baths.  I’ve seen snowball fights and snow angels.  I’ve seen budding artists (I’ve actually considered the Rudolph one because my kids would love it).

Well, Alphie isn’t a trouble maker.  He’s very well behaved.  This year, he’s had a thing for candy canes and we keep finding him either in the real ones or hanging out with decorative ones.  If he’s helping himself to any, he’s been cleaning up after himself even.  Yup.  No shenanigans here, thank you.

Instead, he tries to find the trickiest hiding spaces.  Monkey & Little Man LOVE  to play hide and seek.  Alphie is more than happy to oblige.

He found the ultimate hiding space last night.  He’s hiding in the grate between the 1st and 2nd floor of the house.  He left his feet dangling from down below to help them find him, but the little buggers found him from above!

Sneaky Elf

Alphie needs to work a little harder at hiding before he leaves us for another year.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails