Wednesday, December 21, 2011

30 Days of Christmas – Day 18

(My laptop charger AND battery died simultaneously forcing me to play catch up for much of this series.)

I shared yesterday the fabulous shabby chic bag I made for Monkey’s teacher.  We also found a tutorial on pintrest (which I can’t find now) for making your own personalized notepads using your printer and rubber cement.

Huh.  I can handle that.  Monkey chose the scrapbook paper for the cover.  Then we designed the notes themselves to say “a note from Mrs XYZ.”

Cut down to size, hold notepad together with binder clips and spread rubber cement on the binding liberally.  After it’s dry, remove the clips and tie your notepads together with a pretty bow.

Homemade Personalized Notepad

I did try using GOOP when I was having no luck to find rubber cement.  It held great but didn’t go on smoothly so it created a literal goopy mess on the binding.  (I just trimmed it down and re-glued after finding rubber cement)

 Personalized Homemade Notepads 2

I tucked them in the tote with a handmade card from Monkey, a few packs of baby wipes (she loves them for cleaning up the kiddos hands – can’t blame her!) and a gift card to help out with school supplies.

I hope we were able to show her how much we appreciate all of her hard work. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails