Thursday, December 22, 2011

30 Days of Christmas – Day 20

(My laptop charger AND battery died simultaneously forcing me to play catch up for much of this series.)

There are lots of great ideas online for classmate gifts.  Last year, we brought reindeer food, cookies and hot cocoa mix.  This year, I wanted to do something different.

I found this cute idea on Pintrest but definitely needed to tweak it.  I can’t very well send in glass jars to a bunch of 4 and 5 year olds – and I kind of hog my glass jars because we do so much food preserving.

Peppermint Play Dough

After some thought and a little research, I decided to go to my local deli and ask to buy some clear soup containers.  I found a printable label here to dress up the containers a little.  The kids and I then got to work making the play dough, which was a super fun project in itself.

 Peppermint Play Dough 2

The dough was really easy to throw together.

The peppermint smell is perfectly potent.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails