Sunday, December 4, 2011

30 Days of Christmas – Day 6

(My laptop charger AND battery died.  I’ll be playing a little catch up over the next few days now I’m back up and running.)

I was playing outside with the family in the dusting of snow we had on the ground.  I walked by my front porch and decided I really needed to add another pop of color.

Winter Front Entrance 

I then realized I’ve had this pile of red twigs on my deck for a few weeks, trying to figure out what I was going to do with them.  I needed to deal with them before T decided to get rid of them.

A stroll through the garage and I found a big clay pot filled with dirt.  I just started shoving twigs in, still not sure what I was going to do with it even after it was finished.

Winter Garden Vignette

A second stroll through the garage found me pulling out things I’d put away for winter months ago!  I also found an old rusted star we’d taken off the house left by the previous owners.  I told T not to throw it away at the time and now I’m glad I held onto it!  A hit of red spray paint and it was good as new.

You don’t need to look far to find inspiration.  Sometimes all it takes is a stroll through the garage.

1 comment:

Stevie said...

Love the display you made. So much better than tacky store stuff!
Stevie @ www.ruffledfeathersandspilledmilk.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails