Tuesday, July 14, 2009

It's a BOY!

I was hoping to update you on the recipe of the week last week (the chicken portobello things). They were very good, by the way.

Alas, I went into labor instead of getting to log onto the Internet. HA

I was admitted on Tuesday, July 7 (my due date) for observation because of the VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean) attempt. All labor activity stopped over night, but because baby had had a few decelerations overnight on the monitor, I had 2 options the following morning: Induction or repeat c-section. I opted for induction.

They induced me at 8:30 AM and he joined us at 5:34 PM weighing in at 7 lbs 5 oz with a full head of hair, just like his big sister Monkey.

I'll be missing while we get into new routines but rest assured, I'll be back!

5 comments:

maine momma of 3 (formally: stayathomemommy from maine) said...

I was just thinking of you! Congratulations on your boy!!!!
Get your rest, ask for help, and enjoy getting to know your new bundle of joy!!! How's monkey liking her new brother???

jamie said...

Congratulations to you and your family!

Angela Theriault said...

Hey congrats on the VBAC! I know it can be risky, but the recovery is so much easier!! Your little guy is a cutie and I'm sure his big sister is in love ;) Angela

Nicole said...

I am clearly ridiculously behind on my blog reading. Congradulations!!!

Audrey at Barking Mad said...

Congratulations on your successful induction. I'm a veteran of 4 c-sections so I'm so happy to hear that this worked out beautifully for you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails