Thursday, July 23, 2009

Recipes of the week

I'm attempting to get myself back into the kitchen. With T home on paternity leave, he's been preparing most of our meals for the past 2 weeks.

I've got 2 from Every Day with Rachael Ray this week.



I made Puttanesca P'schetti with Shrimp last night. I substituted white wine for the vermouth because we have lots of white wine on hand. It was my first time cooking with anchovy fillets, too. It was very good. Monkey devoured her entire plate of food. It's a keeper.



On Saturday, we'll be trying out Tex-Mex Buttermilk Chicken Tenders and Corn on the Cob. I'm very glad to be able to get into spicy food without the worry of heartburn again!


I will say the sling I made myself is fantastic for when Little Man isn't in the mood to be put down. I pop him in the sling, pull up a chair for Monkey to help and both my kids are happy in the kitchen (I did some baking yesterday and got flour all over the sling, but it was worth it)!


Enjoy your kitchens!


All photos from Every Day with Rachael Ray.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails