Friday, July 15, 2011

My Life is an Unfinished Project

 

Our playroom is needing some love.  I’m finally getting to it.

IMG_6727 

Yes, that is marker alllll over the window frame.  I tried scrubbing it but it won’t come off.  I was going to paint it but the window is being replaced next year.  The marker can stay.  ;-)

Oooh!  Look!  Curtains!  Well, darn.  They’re too short.

 IMG_6729 IMG_6730

AND, there’s another window over there.  Still minus the curtains.  Poop.

 IMG_6732

And don’t forget the wonderful mess.  Yes yes.  The wonderful mess.  Those shelves are sure lovely but the mess never seems to make it off the floor.  (I have a solution I’m hoping to finally get to today).

IMG_6733 

And, of course…  let’s not forget the wall papered wall.  Do we ever have a lovely plan for that wall – if we can ever get around to peeling the paper and prepping the walls.  It’s a doozy.  The kids are going to love it.

IMG_6734

That’s just the playroom.

Then you have the projects out on the breezeway waiting for me.  A desk to replace the card table my mother-in-law has been lending me [for 7 months now] and a cabinet waiting to be turned into a side table for the dining room.

IMG_6736 

Then there’s the coffee table I scored at a yard sale this morning.

IMG_6737

Little Man’s bookshelf has made it outside.  It’s received its spackle and is moments from receiving it’s first coat of paint – I hope.

IMG_6735

Oh, hi!  His dresser is [FINALY] done and in his room!  Notice the old dresser still there as well (to the right) and his books are all in a pile on the floor in front of it [because – you know – his bookshelf is outside right now].  We’re moving in the right direction at least!

IMG_6738

Maybe today will be the day I get another project done?

I’m not counting on it. 

The weather is too darn nice to tie myself to a paint brush.

But a girl can dream, right?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails