Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The owner of a new face

It's the end of the year. The last month to spend your Flex accounts.

We over calculated how much money we'd need for the year, so now we're looking at losing money if we don't spend it now!

T has been after me for months to go get myself new eye wear. I've had the same pair of frames for over 7 years now. The prescription hasn't been updated since I bought them. After a canoeing/drinking mishap about 6 years ago where I lost my prescription sunglasses in the Fish River, I got myself set up with contacts. And I've worn my glasses once since then (during my c-section because they make you take your contacts out).

So Monkey and I are on a mission today. We're going to find some new glasses for me. With me home so often now, I'd wear contacts that much less, too (which will save us money in the long run because I'll be buying them less often).

Also on our mission list today: fill Daddy's stocking. Unfortunately, I'm still at a loss as to what to stuff it with! I'm sure I'll figure it out once we get to the *gasp* MALL.

For those of you that don't know - I hate the mall. We're leaving early enough to hopefully avoid crowds because they tend to push me over the edge.

Wish us luck!

5 comments:

PIE said...

Good luck, mall traffic...and I do mean inside the mall, makes me a little sea sick...I am always afraid I am going to loose my way and end up in the back halls of some christmas store hell, never to be heard from again...

Travel safely my friend, travel safely! lol

Jodi said...

The upside? It's just the Bangor Mall. And it's a weekday. I might be deluding myself, but I think it shouldn't be TOO bad before lunchtime. *crossing fingers*

Michelle said...

Good luck! I'm with you there. I HATE malls.

Queenie said...

May the force be with you, the wind at your back, the North Star guide you......anyway, hope you got back in one piece with beautiful eyes and stockings full of stuffers....

Rabid Outdoorsman said...

Ahhh, now I see why the glasses . . . leave it to a man to open his mouth when he only has 1/2 the story. HEHEHE!

I despise the mall . . . especially around the holidays.

Related Posts with Thumbnails