Saturday, May 2, 2009

Sweet Treat Saturday:

I've got two to share this week. And both were divine.

My Grandma D's cousin G gave her this recipe, which she then shared with me. Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffins were a breakfast treat this morning. T decided he wanted more blueberries so picked up some frozen blueberries. The recipe calls for fresh, but really - frozen were just fine. Judging by the mess on Monkey's face, I'd say they were a success.


The other is for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Whoopie Pies. I know this originated from my Mom's recipe box but where it came from before, I can only guess. I'm guessing it was from my Great Aunt Vi because she was a pretty darned good baker and I have a lot of goodies passed down from her). I will say there was not enough filling for my taste. As you can see from the pictures, the filling is pretty thin. You can also see we've almost eaten all of them. HA (I froze a few). Next time, I'll be doubling the filling (WHAT? I like frosting!).

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Whoopie Pies

Shells

1 can pumpkin pie filling
2 eggs
4 tsp baking powder
4 cups flour
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp milk
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda

Mix together in a large bowl.
Add chocolate chips.
Drop on baking sheets (I used a small measuring cup to get even sized shells).
Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes (I ended up needing to leave them in for 13-14 minutes).
Cool completely before frosting.

Cream Cheese Filling

Mix on medium speed:
2 (3 oz) packages of cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla extract
dash of salt

Beat until smooth.
Gradually beat 2 cups powdered sugar and 2-3 tsp milk until thick and of spreading consistency.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The wooppie pies look good. I just noticed your 4/21 shed blog comment. I actually ordered it this past Thursday. Should arrive mid May. It's got a black roof and white siding to match the house. As for the inside, well...it is my hope that it will be a bit more than a shed, but also a hangout dog house kinda place for me!
Bry

Related Posts with Thumbnails