Friday, September 11, 2009

Cooking up a storm

I've been going crazy in the kitchen lately. I've been loving every minute of it, though!

We found a Chocolate Lassies cookie recipe in Northwoods Sporting Journal probably nearly 2 years ago now. I finally tried them out 2 weeks ago. I didn't have enough chocolate chips on hand, but crushed up the never ending supply of Hershey Kisses we keep in the cupboard for Monkey. I didn't think I would like them because of the molasses (I'm not a huge fan of molasses), but was quite surprised to find they were mighty tasty.


The Wild Rice Pilaf with Mushrooms I made a few weeks ago is now available online.


A great side I found in Everyday recently is Rigatoni with Prosciutto and Parmesan. Not only is it ridiculously easy to make, it's extremely good.

The last recipe I tried last week is something I found in Martha Stewart Living. I'm trying to add more greens and beans to our diet. Pork Chips with Sauteed Chickpeas, Escarole and Apple fit both. And while searching for the recipe online, I've come to the conclusion I very much dislike the recipe search function on the website. I can't find it online. It's in the September 2009 issue on page 66.
I still have quite a few recipes to share, but the kids need tending.
So stay tuned.... and enjoy your kitchens!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails