Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Reflections on the Summer of 2009

As the summer is drawing to a close, I find myself thinking back about everything we've experienced in the past few months.

My Monkey turned 2 in June.

We got chickens (we've recently purchased an additional 2).

I nearly burst.


Instead, I had a successful VBAC and brought our wonderful Little Man into the world.

We then had 5 blissful weeks to spend as a family while T was on paternity leave.
We went to the ocean,

We went to the fair!

We went to the lake,


And up high in the air!


Ok.. enough rhyming... ha
We also managed a night at camp and wish we could have gone even more.

As great as the summer was, we've also been dealt some difficulties. My Pepere's Alzheimer's has progressed some more. My baby brother is in a rough patch. And my mom was just diagnosed with cervical cancer. Luckily it is Stage 0, so it's 100% treatable (we're just waiting for a consult to find out what the next steps are at this point). It's so very difficult to be 200 miles away and not able to do much more than listen on the other end of the phone....
But we thank God for the good and pray he helps us through the bad and continue to live life as full as we can.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

There is a song on country radio right now (yes, I listen to country radio in the car-so what?) and the chorus is, "Sounds like life to me". Your bittersweet post reminds me of that song.

Also, I have to kindly ask you to please refrain from posting any more pictures of THAT baby. I swear to God my uterus hiccuped and I started lactating.

Smiles,
Lisa

Country Girl said...

What a nice post Jodi. The good and the bad....hope all works out. Your kids are sweet!

Jodi said...

Lisa - that's almost all I listen to nowadays. I like rock, but sometimes the lyrics aren't exactly toddler friendly. I don't have to worry about it nearly as much with country music. ;-)

The good is what keeps us moving forward. :-D

jamie said...

So glad to see a post from you! Yay for new babies, new chickens, and summer travel!
Boo to Alzheimers and Cancer. I know how scary it is to have loved ones struggle with each of these.
Wishing you and your family all the best!

Related Posts with Thumbnails