Sunday, November 15, 2009

More new recipes

Here are a few more of the many recipes we've tried since my old computer crashed.

These are all from Everyday, as are the images.

First up is BLT Creamy Mac 'n' Cheese. I went a little overboard with the leeks so Monkey didn't like it because she had to pick out too much green stuff. T & I enjoyed it. I may have a small collection of homemade mac n cheese recipes before long!

Double-Stuffed Chicken Breasts were pretty good. Unfortunately, it's a "skin-on" recipe, which compels me to eat the chicken skin. Not healthy. The fact it's baked and not fried helps a little, I guess. I also forgot to top them with marinara. It must have been a rough evening (Little Man freaks out every night when I'm trying to cook. I'm just going to say I'm lucky I haven't burned the house down.). This is a keeper.

Speaking of healthy, here's some fried pork for you! Breaded Pork-and-Mozzarella Stacks with Garlic Broccoli were so extremely good. Monkey isn't a fan of green leafy veggies or broccoli. She liked this broccoli. Enough so, I'm writing the broccoli recipe on it's own card so I remember to make little trees as a side dish more often. My pork was bone-in so I cut pockets into them instead of stacking cutlets. It was more difficult than stacking would have been, but it was the same concept and worked just fine. We topped leftover pork with marinara sauce for a nice change up the next day. I suggest using marinara. Yum!

Enjoy your kitchens!

1 comment:

C said...

Yum! Those all look good

Related Posts with Thumbnails