My original goals are posted here: (Part 1 and Part Deux).
Now that we are officially in spring, I think it's time for a final update.
1) I did learn to knit. I made two scarves and have two in process. Next winter, maybe I'll have time to learn something or follow a pattern of some sort for something other than a scarf.
2) Big fat fail. I never made cheese. It is still on my list, I just haven't had the time. Rest assured, you will still be seeing it at some point in the future.
3) I rarely buy bread. Every now and again I have no choice but to pick up a loaf, depending on what is going on when we need more (I hate to make it too far in advance). T gave me Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day for my birthday yesterday. I can't wait to start using it! I'm even looking at recipes for bagels and english muffins so I can stop buying all bread products (above and beyond my original goal!).
4) I obviously did not lose weight. As of this morning, I've actually gained 20 pounds. But, when I posted this goal, I already knew I may be getting pregnant over winter and it may be a pipe dream. I did manage to continue a healthy lifestyle with healthy eating habits, for the most part.
5) Most of my small projects did get finished. I have Monkey's wall shelf still left to finish painting, but it just needs one more coat of paint and I'll be doing that this week to have T put it up this weekend.
6) The stairway to the basement is a half finished project at the moment. I need to paint the stairs and put a few final details up. I'm still very pleased.
The kitchen cabinets were put on hold because we are now discussing possibly replacing them next year.
7) The office is still a work in progress, also. It did come a long way over the winter, but it's not as far as I would have liked. I need T to move his wine out of there because now that the weather has warmed, I can let Monkey run around in there while I work/organize. But, with the wine and wine making supplies in her reach, it's not a kid friendly space, so I haven't been bringing her down there.
8) Recipes have been tamed. I've even started going through the ones I hadn't tried yet that were in there. And I no longer allow an untried or unliked recipe to make its way into the box.
9) I'm much much MUCH better about my appearance. The only time I stay in my jammies until lunch time are days we've been doing housework all morning. I'm always washed and presentable before T gets home from work (with dinner on the table and a smile on my face - I'm such a domestic goddess like that. HAHA).
10) Always a win - I've very much managed to take the time to enjoy my family. We do need a Mommy & Daddy night out alone soon, though!
I do have to say, it was a very successful winter. The only goal I'm setting for the summer is to adjust to having not one but TWO children. :-)