Sunday, April 26, 2009

A review of this week's new recipes:

Since my original posting last week, the recipes have become available online at Every Day with Rachael Ray! Now I can share them properly.



First up was the Asian Noodles with Vegetables and Pork. After rummaging through my freezer, I realized we are all out of pork chops! I had already been to the grocery store so made a small change in my plans so I could work with what I still did have. The steak I was craving? Well, it got sliced up for stir fry. It was very much worth it. Even Monkey, who was getting over a terrible stomach bug, enjoyed it (when I gave it to her leftover after she was allowed solids a day later).

The Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan recipe from my mother in law was also much enjoyed. We were wondering why we hadn't ever made it before because it was also ridiculously easy.

My menu got changed around again later in the week for two reasons. One, I had pork chops on the menu twice (once for the noodles and once for grilling) yet had no pork chops for cooking! Two, T came home late one night, so I got lazy and made sandwiches for just Monkey and me. Don't judge. I deserve a lazy night.


We ended up having ham steak (turns out we still have quite a few of those in the freezer!) with the Garlic and Oil Spaghetti with Greens on the side for Wednesday. The spaghetti was nothing special. I found it bland. T said it tasted like oily spaghetti. And Monkey spit hers out (we have a hard time with the green leafy vegetables for her - but she's not a picky eater, so I won't complain if that's the only type of veggie we can't get her to eat, right?).

Thursday was sandwich night. Tuna salad. Nothing fancy. Just quick and easy.

I experimented with pizza on Friday. I'll post about it later this week and share pictures and details. I'll just tell you it was fresh dough and it was done on the grill.


We finally got around to our last new recipe tonight. Bay-Rosemary Potato Gratin takes some time to prepare. It smells unbelievable, courtesy of the rosemary. We all enjoyed it, but I question if an hour and a half, start to finish, is worth it on a regular weeknight side dish. I'll be keeping the recipe, but it's not something I'll make often because of how long it took.
I hope you enjoyed your kitchens as much as I enjoyed mine!
All images are from Every Day with Rachael Ray.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails