Sunday, April 19, 2009

This week's new recipes:

I'm starting off the week with Rachael Ray.

In the most recent issue (May 2009?) of Every Day, there are quite a few noodle recipes. I've been on a noodle kick, so the Asian Noodles with Vegetables and Pork (page 50) caught my eye. Instead of buying a boneless pork loin, I'll just pull a pack of chops out of the freezer from pig we bought last fall and call it good.

Tuesday is a recipe my Mother-In-Law gave us. I'm not sure where it originated or if it's something she made up. I think T has had it before, but I've never. It's Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan.

Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan

6 chicken breast
1 pack original Shake N Bake
2 cups spaghetti sauce
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1 tsp dried oregano

Coat chicken. Place in 13 x 9 pan.
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Top with sauce and cheeses and sprinkle with oregano.
Bake an additional 5 minutes to melt cheese.

On Wednesday, I start pulling out the side dishes to test because I really want to use our grill some more. And I'm in the mood for a steak. So I'm grilling a steak and trying out something else from this month's Every Day (Rachael Ray). We're County folk. We grew up on potatoes. So forgive me for trying a potato recipe with Yukon gold potatoes. Bay-Rosemary Potato Gratin (there's no page # on the page I ripped out!) just sounds too good to overlook.

Thursday, I'm pulling more pork chops out of the freezer and grilling again. Yet another pasta dish from this month's Every Day (Rachael Ray) will be on the side. Garlic and Oil Spaghetti with Greens (page 81). T has never, to his knowledge, eaten Swiss chard. And the only way I've ever eaten it is boiled, so we're going to give this a try.

I'm having issues getting onto the Every Day website, so page numbers and lack of pictures will have to do for today. My little one has been sick so I'm done trying to get it to work and I want to get this posted while I have a free minute.

I also want to break into my Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes cookbook this week. I just received it from T for my birthday last week. I want to try making our own garlic bread to freeze (we have a bad habit of buying frozen garlic bread - I want cheaper and more control over what goes in and on it!) and I'm sure there must be something along those lines in there!

Enjoy your kitchens!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails