Sunday, April 5, 2009

This week's new recipes:

I'm early this week. I managed to get my menu and shopping list finished before I went to town to order my bridesmaid dress for GFT's wedding. I figured I'd hit the grocery store on my way home to do groceries by myself for the first time in a VERY VERY VERY long time!




First up is from Hannaford's Fresh Magazine. Their current issue has a "Cooking with Kids" section - and it's all meals made into muffins! We wanted to try the Mac 'N' Cheese Muffins. Asparagus is on sale this week, so we'll have some on the side to add some veggies to our meal.

Speaking of asparagus being on sale - also from the current Fresh magazine is Springtime Chicken and Orzo. I have a love of asparagus, so any time I have an excuse to buy all sorts for cheap, I do.

This last one I got from GFT. It's for Taco Soup. I figured since it's supposed to be a wet week, soup would help warm us up (even if the temps are supposed to be nice. HA). Like last week's recipe, I'll be substituting ground beef for turkey because I have some on hand. I'm planning on making some corn bread to go with it. I think I saw a recipe for corn bread biscuits in my stash of recipes to try. If so and I decide to use it, I'll share it later this week.

That's all for this week! Go forth and enjoy your kitchens!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails