Saturday, April 4, 2009

Bathroom update:

I have been sitting on the floor outside of my bathroom all morning entertaining Monkey, keeping her out of the way, and watching the work progress with a big goofy grin on my face.

Excited doesn't even scratch the surface.

Bye bye, big, ugly, clunky vanity!

Hello, sleek, new beauty (Home Depot vanity - $99).


The new medicine cabinet (Home Depot - $80ish? I've had it for years - I don't remember exactly) and freshly installed light (TJ Maxx/Home Goods - $20!!!).

I wasn't around when they put the light in and am a teeny disappointed in how high up it is (though I still haven't told T). If it annoys me enough, I might have T lower it (now that the wiring is done, it's a matter of moving/patching holes which he can do just fine on his own).

Now I get to shop for the fun stuff! The accessories!! I'm heading to TJ Maxx quickly tomorrow to pick something up I've been eyeing for a couple of weeks. I'll need a towel rack, a new bath mat, a new faucet fixture (eBay, here I come) and new curtains (I found fabric I like I'm considering buying to make my own).

Work left to do? Paint, tile floor and I want a shelf put up spanning the entire vanity/toilet wall (right below the electrical outlet).

We are now on hold until after Easter. Yuck. The waiting is the hardest part!

1 comment:

Basic Bryan said...

I'll be down later this morning LOL. You sure do have a few projects going on! The bathroom is going to be nice. I really like the mirrior. Wallpaper removal can be bad. I had a contractor that had to remove four walls of it this winter in one of my courtrooms...it was not fun.

Your wine shelving area really came out nice

Related Posts with Thumbnails