Monday, October 27, 2008

There may be some hope yet.

After spending a wonderful evening and enjoying a yummy deep fried turkey at T&M's, T and I headed off to the Alfond for the second game of the weekend.

Saturday's game was not nearly as horrid as Friday's. The team actually showed some spunk. And the freshman goalie, Darling, looks like he may have some potential. Though they did end up losing the game 2-1, I wasn't nearly as disappointed.

We got home pretty late that night. Monkey had just fallen asleep when we got back to pick her up at 10 (I swear, she normally goes to bed at 8). T & I finally fell into bed around midnight. And I was dreading Monkey's 6:30 AM wake up call. I got a nice surprise. She woke up around 6, but T just plopped her into bed between us (expecting to get another 30 minutes). She slept until 8:15 Sunday morning! Mommy was extremely appreciative of the full night of sleep.

Sunday was a windy, rainy, dreary day. We spent the entire day hiding out inside, aside from a quick trip to town to pick up the Jeep (we picked up T at work on Friday night and forgot to go get the Jeep after the game that night... Oops). I got half of Monkey's costume finished (I just need to stuff it and stitch it all together - and then attempt wings). And T bottled his first batch of homemade wine! We now have 30 bottles of Shiraz (SHISAZ!) in our basement. Maybe I shouldn't announce that before my mom comes to visit. HA HA

And on that note, Monkey is getting restless waiting for me to go shower. We need to go do our groceries for the week. It's looking like yet another cheap week!


maine momma of 3 (formally: stayathomemommy from maine) said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Can't believe it was rainy up there yesterday, makes it cozy though ;)
Good luck shopping!

Country Girl said...

Don't miss those early wake up calls. My kids are usually self sufficient but just last weekend Luke had a sleepover and they got up at 4:30 am and they were NOT quiet....darn kids!

Jodi said...

SAHM - it was a fun weekend. I ended up making no bake cookies, but they didn't harden so I left them home.

CG - 4:30 AM would NOT have been appreciated. lol I'm not ready for the self sufficient stage, though. I enjoy her little too much. ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails