Thursday, February 26, 2009

Cold weather goals update:

I haven't updated in a couple of weeks.

My original goals are posted here: (Part 1 and Part Deux).

1) I haven't done any knitting in this amount of time. Because I've been too busy doing other things.

2) T got some information on how to buy raw milk. I haven't taken the next step yet. I'm running out of time, but I haven't given up yet!

3) We had a small mishap with our bread. I lost an entire loaf two weeks ago to mold. For starters, two loaves of bread are usually nearly gone by that point in the week. For some reason, we had only consumed one loaf by Friday. When I grabbed the second to make toast that Friday morning, I found the entire thing was moldy, much to my disappointment. Because we had company that weekend, I didn't get to make more, so we bought a loaf. And the timing has been off on my days available to bake since then, so we've since bought two more loaves. Sunday, I'm getting back on track. Monkey and I will be whipping up another batch.

5) I don't know why I lumped "paint our bedroom" in the "small miscellaneous" project list. This deserves to be a list item all on its own! T painted the ceiling in our room last weekend. Monday, I started painting trim. This is difficult because I have to time it for Monkey's naps. Monday, I got to put two coats of fresh white paint on the window trim. It still needs a third. Tuesday, I was at work. That night, T removed the closet doors and bedroom door so I could get to the trim/casings. Yesterday, I got two coats on the door trim. Today, I plan on putting a third coat on the door and windows. I feel like this one small room is going to take me a year to paint at this rate! I want to be finished trim by the end of the weekend. Next week, I can move on to walls... hopefully. Then I can take a trip to JoAnn's with my comforter to find fabric for new curtains and a new bed skirt. At least sewing is something I can manage while Monkey is awake! (Putting in an Elmo video helps, too. HA)

7) My Dad put up a cabinet for me above my desk. I purchased two unfinished wooden drawer units at JoAnn's yesterday. I need to paint them and put them up. I am already extremely excited because I can see most of my desktop!

9) I even impressed my Mom with this one. When they came to visit a couple weeks ago, I got her stamp of approval. I guess I'm doing a good job.

10) I have to keep reminding myself to not get caught up in the little things. For instance, the bedroom paint job taking forever started stressing me out. I just keep telling myself that one thing at a time, baby steps, and it will all get done.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails