Sunday, February 22, 2009

A review of last week's new recipes:


I've had a semi-busy and semi-lazy week this week. What? I'm entitled to being lazy every now and again! HA

The Spring Noodle Stir-Fry with Asparagus and Walnuts was a huge hit. I had to pick all of the walnuts out of Monkey's plate, but she devoured everything else. I pan fried a piece of boneless skinless chicken breast to shred and add in to add some extra protein. It's a keeper.

It was also unanimous to keep the Lasagna Stoup recipe. I did have to note on the recipe card not to boil it too hard next time. It was perfect the night we had it, but as leftovers, it was more lasagna than stoup. (It was still really good, though).

Monkey didn't like the Tomato-and-Cheese Pizza. She took one bite and spit it out. We offered her a few more and she continued spitting it back into her plate. T & I thought it was OK, but it was more work than it was worth, especially if Monkey couldn't/wouldn't eat it (I really think it was the red pepper she didn't like - we don't eat spicy food all that often, especially now with my pregnant heartburn in full swing). I decided to toss the recipe.

We ended up having leftovers for dinner last night, so T made the Lemon Orzo with Mushrooms and Pine Nuts tonight. I'm not sure the difficulty because I was taking advantage of Monkey helping him cook so I could clean the bathroom unassisted. HA! It was OK. I found it needs a little something - so I put freshly shredded parmigiano-reggiano on mine. I liked it much better with the cheese. It does make a pretty big portion and we put quite a bit in the fridge, so I think it will be a party recipe. It's just too much for just the three of us, even to use as leftovers.

If anyone else gave any of these a try, I'd love to hear how you liked them!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails