Sunday, February 22, 2009

This week's new recipes:

I'm being ambitious again this week. I've got three new recipes on the menu (I'd have more, but I didn't get to do groceries today and I'm not leaving the house tomorrow in that snow - so spaghetti it is!).




I've been wanting to try this one for quite some time. Since Wednesday is Ash Wednesday (it IS this week, right?), I'm pulling it out now. I got it from Hannaford's May/June 2008 edition of Fresh magazine. It's a California Roll Salad. I think since I've had to temporarily give up sushi, this will help me get a bit of a fix. (I don't even dare get the cooked or veggie varieties because how sure are we they are preparing it on a different counter than the raw fish? As much as it pains me, I'm not chancing until I have the baby).


I'm back in Rachael Ray Magazine for the next two.

Thursday, we're trying a Samurai Soup. I can't find it online, but it's from the March 2009 edition on page 89 titled Family Matters. I've been digging soup lately, can you tell?


In order to keep T from throwing a soup bowl at me from too much soup, I'm making Fisherman's Bake on Friday. It's kind of a chowder, but you turn it into a casserole so I think I can get away with it, right? Also, I realize Friday is usually pizza night, but it's Lent (right??? I don't have a calendar in front of me!), so I'm making something fishy.

WAIT a minute. I just realized we have hockey Friday night so we'll be eating at the hospital with T. We'll make it next Friday instead. And I'll dig around for another new recipe to make before the game on Saturday.


Back to the drawing board and grocery list, I guess. I'll let you know what I come up with.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails