Tuesday, February 17, 2009

This week's new recipes:


First, a quick review of the Creamy Tortellini Soup. T & I enjoyed it. Monkey, on the other hand, isn't a fan of green leafy vegetables. She's not a picky eater, but there are a few things we offer over and over and she continuously spits it back into her plate. So I'm going to hang on to the recipe, but we'll probably wait quite some time before we make it again.

On the menu for tonight is a Spring Noodle Stir-Fry with Asparagus and Walnuts. I can't find this one online, but it comes from Rachael Ray Magazine, the most recent issue (March 2009) on page 24. Sorry, I don't feel right posting the actual recipe because it's probably copyrighted.

Thursday night, I'll be making a Lasagna Stoup. This is also from the March 2009 Rachael Ray Magazine. Lasagna is a favorite in our house, so we'll try this spin on it.

Friday is pizza night. I'm trying a "new" pizza recipe. This was in the February 2009 Rachael Ray Magazine and it's a Tomato-and-Cheese Pizza. Normally I just toss on some green peppers and mushrooms and call it a day, so this will be something different.

S
aturday night, we're trying out a Lemon Orzo with Mushrooms and Pine Nuts. This, too, was from the March 2009 Rachael Ray Magazine and I can't find it online yet. If you're interested, it was in the Talk section on page 16. It's this month's "Take 5" recipe (it only takes 5 ingredients - Olive oil, salt and pepper are "freebies"). It looks pretty tasty and pretty easy. I think it will go great with pork chops for something different.

So there you have it. My ambitious new recipe week. They all seem pretty simple, so I don't think it's going to be a difficult week in the kitchen. I may be busy writing out recipe cards by the end of the week, though!

H
ave a good day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Hey...that Creamy Tort Soup is right up my alley...gonna have to try that...thanks...Bry

Related Posts with Thumbnails