Monday, February 9, 2009

New recipes of the week


Last week's Scallop Stir-Fry was a huge hit. We all absolutely loved it. T did comment on it being unfilling when he was rifling through the refrigerator for a snack an hour after dinner, though. So next time, we'll need something on the side to help make it more filling (biscuits are always a possibility).

I'm being overtaken by ripped out and printed out recipes again, so I have two recipes this week in my attempt to tame the chaos!

About a month ago, I saw an article on MSN for slow cooker recipes (the recipes themselves are from BHG.com). Being a lover of my crock pot, I decided to take a look at them. Both are from this article.


First, we'll be trying a Smashed Potato Soup. It looks extremely simple. And you can't be County born and bred and not love a good potato recipe. There's cheese, too? Even better!


The other I'll be trying is a Creamy Tortellini Soup. Monkey loves pasta and mushrooms, and this has both. It also calls for 6 cups of fresh baby spinach, so it's getting in some leafy greens, too.
I'm really enjoying this winter goal T threw at me. Too bad we haven't found anything we don't like yet. My recipe box isn't going to be big enough come summer with all of the new additions!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails