Saturday, March 14, 2009

An extra new recipe for the week

At the beginning of the week, T & I were up in the air as to if we would go up north for a visit so I stopped on Friday with my weekly meal plan. After we got into the week a bit, I told him as much as I'd really love a visit with the folks, I would much rather stay home. I had a rough week with Monkey's teething and crankiness. And, thanks to the time change, she's been fighting us on her afternoon naps. T thinks she's ready to stop taking an afternoon nap. I told him that Mommy is NOT ready for naps to disappear. It's the only break I get during the day and I need that break most days (What? She's a rambunctious child. Breaks are necessary for sanity!).

Anyways, Monkey's napping is besides the point. Once we decided to stay here for the weekend, I needed to come up with something to make for dinner tonight.

T printed out the recipe for Kielbasa Bow Tie Skillet last summer sometime. It was one of the recipes I just wrote on a card and never tried. I have everything on hand I need for it except the snow peas and I didn't feel like digging through the recipes anymore than I already had, so it won by default. I'll take a run to the smaller grocery store nearer me later today (and get anything I want from their sales for the week, too).

It looks pretty easy, too. And anything with pasta usually gets a gold star from us.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails