Sunday, March 8, 2009

A review of last week's new recipes:

We already knew we liked the Broccoli Casserole. We enjoyed having it again. It has been a while since I had prepared it.


Rachael Ray really knows how to please my families bellies. While it was easy to make, the Pan-Fried Spinach Ravioli was a bit time consuming for my taste (it took over an hour to prepare). I know I consider myself a stay at home mom, but I don't want to (or have the time to) spend hours in the kitchen every day. I added some ricotta cheese to it (I have some leftover from the Lasagna Stoup a few weeks ago so I need to use it!). We all did enjoy it and I will be making it again. I plan on using more ricotta and less cream cheese next time.

The Fisherman's Bake was also a huge hit. I considered adding scallops, but when the time came, didn't feel like spending the money on them, even if they were on sale. We may try this again and substitute haddock for the tilapia and/or add scallops or even perhaps clams. Either way, we're keeping the recipe. And it's one I can obviously play with.

I spent some time this morning looking through my recipe box. I do have quite a few recipes I had written down and put in there even though we've yet to try them. I pulled them all out and we'll slowly start working on trying those out along with the rip outs and print outs we've been collecting.

Who knew I could enjoy playing in the kitchen so much?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails