Monday, March 23, 2009

Sweet Treats Review:

Last week, I made Granola. It was unbelievably easy to make and even more unbelievably good to eat. We will never purchase granola again. And I already need to make another batch! I'm going to try some with more coconut and dried pineapple instead of craisins. Honestly, the recipe could be tweaked many ways to suit your tastes.

We also made Sour Cream Cheesecake for T's birthday. It wasn't difficult, but it was a little involved - and worth every minute it took to make. We ended up just putting plain berries on it because neither T or I have ever cooked up berries and rum before. I figured that if I was going to screw something up, I'd rather it not be for my in-laws. HA.

Our next sweet has been selected, but we need to have a small break before making another. T made maple syrup yesterday so we enjoyed fresh maple milkshakes for dessert last night. We're going to be on sugar overload if I'm not careful.

Until then, I'll dream of fresh syrup and cheesecake.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails