Monday, March 16, 2009

Recipes of the week:

We've got four brand new recipes this week and one fairly new I'm going to share with you.


First up is Lemon Teriyaki Chicken. Monkey and I are headed to Portland with my GFT so I won't be able to get my groceries until Wednesday. I'm working with what I have on hand (we bought a bunch of boneless skinless chicken breast a few weeks ago on sale so the freezer is stocked!).


Next up are Smothered Pork Chops. Tomorrow is T's night to cook so I'm working with what's on hand again (We buy a half a pig from one of T's coworkers every fall. We always have pork on hand.). And I figured it's time for him to try another recipe as he's only made one since we started this! HA.


Wednesday night is Taco Macaroni. I wanted something easy. And Monkey loves pasta, so it's better than just giving her spaghetti with tomato sauce all of the time, right?

Thursday night is Asopao de Pollo (One Dish Chicken and Rice). T saw it online a couple of months ago. Only one dirty dish? I like how few dishes I'm going to have to wash that night! I'll be opting for the Anaheim chiles because they aren't as spicy. Monkey doesn't enjoy super spicy - nor does my pregnant digestive tract, for that matter.
Friday is T's birthday. His parents are going to be in town for the night. T requested I make a turkey (we've got one taking up space in our freezer). The plan, for well over a month, has been I'd be making a turkey dinner on Friday. This weekend, I realized it's a Friday during Lent. His Mom sticks to the no meat deal on Fridays (we try to, but don't feel we'll be going to Hell for eating meat. There are worse things in the world, right?). So I had to come up with a new game plan.
Because we always make a point to cook a special request for each other on our birthdays, I've had him ok Slow Cooker Clam Chowder. Unfortunately, I've misplaced my recipe card since last night and I need to go finish getting us ready before GFT meets us to leave so I don't have time to look around online to find it. I'll share it later this week because it is worthy of being shared.
On that note, have a fantastic day!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails