Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Sweet Treats:

The Apple Nut Cake from last week is finally gone. T didn't want me to make another larger sweet this week since I'm making him a birthday cake for Friday.

He had printed out a Granola recipe from Alton Brown a couple of weeks ago. I figured today was the day to give it a go. Monkey and I just got it in the oven and already smells really yummy. It was also very easy to put together.

Now for the birthday cake. He requested a cheesecake and then found another Alton Brown recipe. Tomorrow, Monkey and I will be making Sour Cream Cheesecake. My imaginary internet friends helped me figure out what to top it with (aside from the candles I forgot to buy today). I'm going to thaw out some of our strawberries and Friday, before it's time to serve, I'll warm them in a saucepan with a little sugar and some rum. I figured I could try something different instead of just thawing out berries and dumping them on top since it is for his 30th birthday. I need to show a little extra love. :-)

That's it for this week!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails