Sunday, March 15, 2009

A review of this week's new recipes:


I made the Inside-Out Pizza Roll with my own variation of the meat sauce. All I did was cook up some ground beef with chopped mushroom and green pepper. When it was cooked through, I added some of the tomato sauce I drowned in - I mean froze - last fall. The sauce was really good and I'm planning on using it again next time I want to make baked ziti. The pizza roll, however, was only OK. I didn't save the recipe. It was far too much work for the mediocre outcome.



I found out today T never got to try the French Onion and Wild Mushroom Soup. He worked late the night I made it and Monkey and I finished off the leftovers before he got to them. Oops. Monkey and I both did enjoy it very much. Though, I do need to eat crow and publicly apologize to T (since I gave him such a hard time over it publicly). He was right. We could have done without the wild mushrooms. Monkey spit them all out and I wasn't all that crazy over them, either. I will be making this again, without the mushrooms.

Last night's Kielbasa Bow Tie Skillet was also a rave. I could see using asparagus pieces instead of the peas, too. It is yet another keeper.

Another successful week in my kitchen! Now to plan for next week.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails