Thursday, January 7, 2010

Christmas Cookies – Santa Style

PC240028

T requested we make sugar cookies for Santa this year.  I have to be honest and say I’d never made sugar cookies from scratch before.  Big confession – I’d only ever used the prepackaged cookie packages.  I know.  Not the Jodi you know, right?  Ha.

We had to remedy that this year.  A quick search on Food Network revealed a sugar cookie recipe from Alton Brown.  Score!  Alton never lets me down. 

I ended up cheating and buying a container of cookie frosting at the grocery store because we didn’t decorate them until we were at my in-laws on Christmas Eve (I wanted easy at that point).  Next year, we make our own icing.

They were really easy and mighty tasty.  Santa enjoyed them.  He ate every last bite leaving a crumb too small for the Who’s mouses. 

Sorry.  Different story.

I guess we’ll be adding them into our Christmas Cookie rotation now.

3 comments:

C said...

Glad you found a recipe you like. I might have to try it next year.

And yes, I am shocked that you used to purchase pre-packaged cookie dough ;)

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.

Jodi said...

In my defense, C.. it's been years since I've used prepackaged cookie dough. ;-)

I think I'm going to get some heart and clover shaped cookie cutters and make more for Valentines and St. Patrick's Day. Monkey would love that.

Related Posts with Thumbnails