Monday, January 4, 2010

Holiday Recap


The holidays seemed to take forever to get here this year.  I had a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit, too.  It’s very much not like me (I usually drive everyone around me crazy with my Christmas cheer). 

Can you see the mad tilt to our Christmas tree?  You have seen the cause of the drain of my Christmas cheer this year.  Our tree was a royal pain in the rear.  It fell 4 times in a 2 day period.  I was ready to throw it outside (and even went so far as to start ripping decorations off of it in a fit of frustration).  I finally had T leave it tilted towards the wall so if it would fall again, it would fall into the wall and not the middle of the living room floor.  Luckily, it didn’t fall again.


Our hand prints turned out nicely.  My paint pen was dry but when I have time to pick up a new one, I’m going to put their names and the year on the front.  We have a new Christmas tradition.  

We made the 4 hour trek north on Christmas Eve and the closer we got, the more I felt the Christmas spirit come over me.

We stayed at T’s parents for the first 2 nights of our stay.  Christmas morning, I made Blueberry Cream Cheese Rolls.  My father-in-law loved them.


Christmas morning was loads of fun this year. 


We had many rounds to Christmas, too: Christmas Eve with my mother-in-law’s side of the family; our own Christmas morning with my in-laws; my mom’s side of the family; my parents; my dad’s side of the family.  It was so wonderful to get to see our family this year and actually spend time with everyone.

On Saturday, we went to our friend J’s barn to visit with the cows.


Monkey is scared of nothing.  She couldn’t get enough of petting the cows.


Uncle J, as we call him, was celebrating Christmas with his family that day so was unavailable for a tractor ride.  I think if she could have reached the peddles, she’d have driven off on her own.  HA


That night we had our Little Man baptized (and moved from Hotel In-Law’s to Hotel My Parents).

IMG_0448 The next day we went out to enjoy the pile of snow they got earlier in the week.


Breaking trail in 2  feet of fresh powder is hard work.  Especially when it involves a mountain.  Monkey falls asleep every time she gets into the backpack. 


Unfortunately, what goes down must also go up.  Going back up the mountain was much easier after we’d already broken the trail.  For once, I had more stamina than T.  The 25 pounds of dead weight he was carrying on his back may have had something to do with it.


We ran into my parents and nephew on our way back.  Monkey heard my dad talking and her head snapped up from sleep and she started yelling for her “PA!”  


The kids also both got haircuts from Gram.

This was Little Man’s second cut (my kids have a lot of hair!).


Monkey doesn’t look very impressed.  She did enjoy playing with the water bottle. 


I ended up spending 8 days back home.  It was wonderful.

We are finally back home.  We’re all unpacked and the new books, toys and clothes have all been put away.  The tree was taken down and all of the Christmas decor put back into storage.  I’m currently working on a new toy storage system in my living room.  I hope to have something to share with you next week.

I hope your holidays were as wonderful as mine and you were able to enjoy your families to the fullest.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program….  :-)

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Love the recap! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails