Monday, January 18, 2010

Cold Weather Goals Update:

My original goals can be found here.

1) Personal:

IMG_0822

  • I’m still at 150.  I won’t complain.  I ate like a pig during the holidays.  I ate like a great big smelly pig.  Maintained weight?  I call that a win.
  • I have started listing products on Etsy.  Now to keep it up.
  • I’ve got a semi-system going on keeping organized.  I use a calendar for when bills are due.  I make a point to sit down once a week to update our checkbook.  I pay bills every other week.  And my house has somehow been really really clean and pretty organized the past few weeks.
  • I’ve been blogging 3-4 times a week, with the holidays as an exception.  I was busy, I was out of town, I took a break.  Meh.  Could be worse.

2) Family

IMG_0509

  • Our outings are not happening as frequently as I would like.  We’ve been snowshoeing together once.  We went sliding yesterday.  We’re hoping to go snowshoe/hike up a mountain this Sunday.  Perhaps we need to start a once a week game night?  That’s kind of hard with a 2 1/2 year old who doesn’t “get” games. 
  • I’ve been failing with the Children’s Creative Corner.  I haven’t been crafting with Monkey as much as I’d like (does her sitting on my lap helping sew a sling count?)

3) Kitchen

IMG_0868

  • Still no progress on the cheese.  I need to do this soon.
  • Homemade bagels?  Oh my god, yum.
  • I’m undecided if I really want to do the soap.  I have a little time to decide. 
  • The new recipes flying through this kitchen are astounding.

4) Projects

PA210287(2)

5) Turning house into home

  • No progress
  • I’ve been looking for something to make curtains/shower curtain with.  So far, no luck.  I “ordered” a hanging shelf which my dad will build during mud season when he’s off work.
  • No progress other than “ordering” a book shelf which my dad will also build for us during mud season.
  • On hold until T puts in drywall.

Slow and steady, slow and steady.  I’ll get there as long as I keep plugging away.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails