Friday, May 13, 2011

Name That… Egg?

 

While raking up the mess we made taking down Big Green, I stumbled upon a couple of nests buried in the dead leaves at the base of the tree.

IMG_5637 

I thought they were rocks at first, but upon further investigation have decided they are eggs.

IMG_5639

Can anyone tell me what they are?  I’ve never seen them before (I’m sure either T or my dad know, but I don’t have either of them handy at the moment.  ;-)

IMG_5638

I’m quite intrigued.  And hoping it’s not snakes.

 

UPDATE:

My brother thinks it’s some kind of nut/seed.

My father in law had no idea.

T thinks it’s those brown puffer things (technical, huh?  I have no idea what they’re really called) that have been petrified from last year.

I’m just waiting for my woods expert (aka my dad) to come here so I can see if he knows. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails